St Catharine's College was founded in 1473 and
is situated in the centre
of Cambridge on Trumpington Street. It was largely rebuilt in the 17th century with work on the Main Court beginning in 1673; the Chapel was completed in 1704.
The College comprises the Master, Professor Dame Jean Thomas, 69 Fellows and Research Fellows, some 150 graduate students, and about 410 undergraduates.
The College's central position in Cambridge brings University departments, public transport, shops and many of Cambridge's historic buildings within convenient walking distance.